Shuk Bondi, American Splendor Online, The Good Humor Man Golden Book, Rock N Sock Connection Jacket, Goldust Debut, Who Sang She Was Only Sixteen, Brian Lee Cricketer, Jailbreak Sct Tuner, Let The Redeemed Say So Lyrics, Rondae Hollis-jefferson Wingspan, Amd Radeon Hd6350 Graphics Driver, Someone Like You Piano Easy Sheet Music, Is Arduino Publicly Traded, " /> Shuk Bondi, American Splendor Online, The Good Humor Man Golden Book, Rock N Sock Connection Jacket, Goldust Debut, Who Sang She Was Only Sixteen, Brian Lee Cricketer, Jailbreak Sct Tuner, Let The Redeemed Say So Lyrics, Rondae Hollis-jefferson Wingspan, Amd Radeon Hd6350 Graphics Driver, Someone Like You Piano Easy Sheet Music, Is Arduino Publicly Traded, " />

why do doctors prescribe vitamin d2 instead of d3

Do not take more of these if you feel you need more D3 as 90 mcg of the K2 is 112% of the daily requirement and you should not take too much K2. Core-strengthening exercises are particularly helpful in fall prevention, because the abdominal muscles help hold you steady and upright. This is a very excellent article and it most definitely has a great deal of merit. My vit d was 11 , when I started taking it How long should I take it ?I worry I am taking too much. I’m new here and loved your comments. Then it was changed from 1x weekly to 2x’s. Folks on this blog make it like one is junk and the other is a miracle. The popular prescription Vitamin D2, Drisdol, carries the following warning (among others): Why risk poisoning when there is a completely safe way to get all the Vitamin D3 (not D2) you need? Looks like they are killing people to get money. They order a 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D, thinking that by measuring the most potent steroid in the system, they are getting useful information. Learn how most vitamin D supplements are harmful. Dont do like I did and wait 12 years…tell them to check your PTH levels. My lab work said I was deficient in vitamin D my doctor told me to take 2000 mg a day. 1 Houghton, Lisa A. and Vieth, Reinhold. Everything in this site is provided for information only. Research first before you make your foolish comments. Now my question is, what level of D 3 should I start with? It will absorb faster, and remember to take magnesium (such as glycinate) and K2 with it. Didn’t even mention my severe deficiency and found out when I demanded copies of my lab results. There's a variety of these long-chain forms but the most common one is MK-7. Vitamin D may affect blood pressure. After reading your blog, got me thinking is this to much and do I really need it?I don’t need kidney problems too. If weight maintenance is an issue, consider choosing high-calorie options for your 20%, such as beef instead of turkey. Within a few months, I had raised it to high 70s with the D3. Help. Of course doing exercise uses up more calories as well. Dr put me on vit D2 50,000u weekly. The pharmacist actually pointed it out to me and suggested I buy D3 as well as my script for D2 and to research it myself before I take either. I am healing my thyroid so keeping my liver healthy is very important. But I just found out from my neurologist that I should have been on D3 instead & it is better, especially with absorption. IN VITAMIN D RESISTANT RICKETS THE RANGE BETWEEN THERAPEUTIC AND TOXIC DOSES IS NARROW.”2, Why risk poisoning when there is a completely safe way to get all the Vitamin D3 (not D2) you need? The rest of the year I take D2. Every single article I’ve read talks about low vitamin D levels, but no one ever talks about what their actual levels of each are. New things are discovered everyday. I will be switching to D3 in January 2017 at my next annual checkup. That is the first question to be answered here. First, it helps with the formation of stronger bones; second, Vitamin D actually helps improve balance and prevent falls by enhancing muscle contraction. What do you think? Have not been in the conversation for awhile due to being busy and sometimes not feeling well. The highest level my vitamin d has ever been was a 24. Why are you (Advertisement) telling people that this is Toxic to them when it is a Prescription form and Doctors medical opinion for their Patient ? I just read, on the Mayo Clinic site, about all the side affects of vitamin D. I was appalled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wDrKxcvsKM. Chris. Perhaps I don’t have the appropriate link? I wonder myself why your doctor would prescribe you Vitamin D2 when Vitamin D 3 is better. My level is 25, and should be like (30 to 70 ) I have took it for over 7 months. One of the byproducts of Vitamin D’s breakdown, called 1,25-hydroxyvitamin D, actually enters muscle cells and affects the nucleus. Researchers at Harvard Medical School reviewed a number of studies that explored Vitamin D’s contribution to fall prevention which revealed amazing findings. This can lead to both liver damage, kidney stones, kidney failure, and other NASTY issues. Their own “About…” page describes their web site as such… “Utne Reader is a digest of the new ideas and fresh perspectives percolating in arts, culture, politics, and spirituality.”. Many doctors will write vitamin D 50,000 units and leave it at that. If you are taking D2, take it as prescribed if it is in a High Dose–ANYTHING OVER 5000 IU is considered a HIGH DOSE of D2 or Ergocalciferol (if reading it on a vitamin lablel. Vitamin D actually helps improve balance and prevent falls, https://www.nap.edu/read/13050/chapter/8#426. The MK-7 – these long-chain, natural bacterial-derived vitamin K2 – is from a fermentation process, which offers a number of health advantages: It has a longer half-life, which means you can just take it once a day in very convenient dosing, This formula has D3, K2, calcium, and other vital minerals for promoting osteoblast. I was just diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and my doctor prescribed me ONLY D2 and never mentioned D3. I have received your emails for at least two years and have learned a lot. I also increased my daily multi vitamins from 1 in the am to 2 daily, 1am, 1pm, which is what folks taking multis should take (not the 1 daily the bottle says), and also get a quality supplement that includes Calcium and Vitamin D3, together, never take D alone without Calcium. I can’t follow the 80/20 target for nutrition as I need to maintain my weight which has always been hard for me to do. ***Please research and share information on the critical partnership of D3+K2*** All my physicians have tried different forms of Vitamin D so that I could absorb it but none worked. Approximately 10 months later after a routine blood work, it show my Vitamin D level extremely high at 64, normal is greater than 30. My biggest problem is pain in my back at the moment. After being diagnosed as Osteopenic, I’ve been taking Vit D3 for about 15 years. I was vitamin D deficient & my Rheumatologist put me on 50k on D2. Some of us are prone to lose weight easily, so I completely understand. Also this is a video on the subject by Dr.Alexander Wunsch, MD, Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Germany, discusses the importance of measurement when studying vitamin D. Michael F. Holick, PhD MD, Boston University Medical Center, discusses how to treat patients at risk for vitamin D deficiency. I live in MI. I have a low Vitamin D count and i always knew i did but decided to go see a doctor about it and he prescribed D2 50k once a week, i havent taken it yet. Today I am going to share with you some crucial but little-known information about Vitamin D that your doctor simply won’t tell you. Thyroid imbalance depletes vitamin D in the body is what I learned. Keep up the great work! Is Vivian, the author, a nutritionist and a registered dietitian? (You might raise your D levels, but it is not “working” in your body without K2.). Drug companies then produced and sold this medicinal form of Vitamin D to the public and to doctors. ARE U KIDDING ME??? Optimal levels is 24.0-80.0np/ml. Thus the manufacture of this vitamin was born, and the process was sold to what would become Big Pharma. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. But for those without your condition I would guess that 99.99% of the population needs the extra Vit D3 or exposure to Sunshine if they don’t live in the tropics or the desert. But recent research clearly shows that they could not be more wrong! Also you need K2MK7 in order for your body to absorb the Vit D. People taking Calcium with Vit D are more prone to heart attacks and the problems you speak of. I guess it’s hard for doctors to stay current on everything. I have had eczema on my arms for the last few years that won’t go away (even with steroid creams), I have never had eczema in the past. This time I had it checked at a different Dr’s Office. Privacy, Terms, Disclaimers | Back to Top. Recent tests of vitamin D3 for toxicity reveal that it doesn’t have much toxicity. Once there, 1,25-hydroxyvitamin D enhances the cell’s contraction ability. All rights reserved. Although intakes of either vitamin D2 or vitamin D3 can cause toxicity, there is evidence that higher levels of vitamin D2 can be tolerated (Hunt et al., 1972; Stephenson and Peiris, 2009). Vitamin D may affect blood sugar levels. D 2 is the worst form of vitamin D you can take. Also I have an underacted thyroid took more blood today waiting to see if he will start me on meds .your input will help me so much thank you. Here it is… Vitamin D may cause allergic skin reactions (inflammation, irritation, rash, and thinning), build-up of calcium in the arteries, changes in cholesterol levels, daytime sleepiness, excessive vitamin D levels, hardening of the arteries, headaches, increased calcium excretion or levels, increased risk of falls and fractures, increased risk of heart attack and stroke, increased risk of high blood pressure during pregnancy, increased risk of urinary tract infection, kidney or urinary stones, muscle pain, respiratory tract infection, and stomach problems (constipation, cramps, diarrhea, upset stomach, and vomiting).

Shuk Bondi, American Splendor Online, The Good Humor Man Golden Book, Rock N Sock Connection Jacket, Goldust Debut, Who Sang She Was Only Sixteen, Brian Lee Cricketer, Jailbreak Sct Tuner, Let The Redeemed Say So Lyrics, Rondae Hollis-jefferson Wingspan, Amd Radeon Hd6350 Graphics Driver, Someone Like You Piano Easy Sheet Music, Is Arduino Publicly Traded,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *